They're called a punk band, but they like to party more than they like to damn the man. Flaming Nuts, their 7th LP, is jammed with big singalong choruses, hard-hitting drums, and songs that make you want to get up and move. They follow up the "serious" song of "Unknown Universe" with the Green Day bounce-punk of "Five Minute Wash."
Flaming Nuts reminds me most of Sum 41 and Dropkick Murphys. A good time record from a good time band.
I'll be buying more from them! They're probably even better live.
"5분 세탁 [Five Minute Wash]
http://www.koreanindie.com/2013/06/24/crying-nut-flaming-nuts/ The review
Thoughts from spin #1...
1. Pirate Song - Dropkick Murphys with Korean vocals. Yeah!
2. The "Wild Thing" riff takes a ride down to the Caribbean and they jam it up.
3. Fun vocals, loud guitars. 90s-style.
4. Minor key bass, swirling guitars.
5. Green Day/Sum 41, palm mutes and rhymes. "Five Minute Wash" = Cool title.
6. Party thrash about peanuts?!
7. An upbeat acoustic number about new shoes? Folk-esque--with accordion!
8. Slap-happy Dropkick Murphys action.
9. 90s pop-punk Christmas singalong.
10. Mariachi with distortion and Spanish vocals--or is it Korean that sounds Spanish? Either way, 'tis a happy little number.